The distal part of the trans-femoral amputation prosthesis is composed by:
* ankle foot device: foot with highest energy delivery from the fore foot and heel and additional components like axial rotation unit or shock absorbing system
* knee joint: controlled stance phase with a moderate or high level swing phase control for high performance, e.g. polycentric knee or single axis knee with friction lock or single axis with biomechanical lock with small hydraulic or pneumatic swing phase control, or single axis knee with electronic stance phase and swing phase control or hydraulic swing stance control with unicentric knee
* endoskeletal components
* alignment components
* foam cover
The distal part of the trans-femoral prosthesis is connected to a trans-femoral interface following the biomechanical and physiological characteristics of the user.
Prosthesis has to be aligned properly according to the biomechanical principles.
The foot-ankle unit offers a high level on energy return resulting from a small force generated at toe-off.
Controlled stance phase with a moderate or high level swing phase control for high performances.
The materials and construction applied in the prosthesis, allow usage under environmental influences and avoid negative impact of those influence on the functioning of the prosthesis.
The integral prosthesis is custom made.
Activities and Responsibilities Supplier
- Category Name
- Intake of patient/client's problems in functioning
- Prosthetic/orthotic assessment of functioning
- Selection of device from nomenclature
- Conception/design of the entire device
- Measurement and casting/scanning
- Modification and tracing of cast/scan
- Select device from catalogue (prefab)
- Bench assembly and alignment
- Fitting, static and dynamic alignment
- Adjustments and functional additions
- Check-out, delivery, userinstruction (warranty,
- Service and maintenance scheme
- Evaluation of patient's/client's device
- Prosthetic or orthotic assessment of patient/client
- Adjustments, functional updates
- Unexpected repair and adjustments/modification
- Storing raw material, components and prefab devices on
- Product responsibility (custom made/prefab)
- Basic business obligations (a.o. administration)
- Respecting privacy and patient's dignity and human rights
- Maintaining a patient/client dossier
- Other duties