KO, knee orthosis, medial/lateral control, custom made
Knee orthosis that stabilises the knee in two directions medial and lateral.
Made of a thermoplastic, carbon fibre, or light metal as a frame with metal monocentric or polycentric joints.
Can have flexion or extension stops.
Fixed to the leg with straps.
Custom fitted on the patients model.
Activities and Responsibilities Supplier
- Category Name
- Intake of patient/client's problems in functioning
- Prosthetic/orthotic assessment of functioning
- Selection of device from nomenclature
- Conception/design of the entire device
- Measurement and casting/scanning
- Modification and tracing of cast/scan
- Select device from catalogue (prefab)
- Bench assembly and alignment
- Fitting, static and dynamic alignment
- Adjustments and functional additions
- Check-out, delivery, userinstruction (warranty,
- Service and maintenance scheme
- Evaluation of patient's/client's device
- Prosthetic or orthotic assessment of patient/client
- Adjustments, functional updates
- Unexpected repair and adjustments/modification
- Storing raw material, components and prefab devices on
- Product responsibility (custom made/prefab)
- Basic business obligations (a.o. administration)
- Respecting privacy and patient's dignity and human rights
- Maintaining a patient/client dossier
- Other duties
Classification ISO 9999
061209030306 - Orthosis, lower limb, knee, to prevent deformity, without patella correction, normal load
Indications are for example:
* ruptures and moderate laxity of the medial or lateral ligaments
User Characteristics ICF Code
Contra Indication Text
Intended Use Text
Supposed to provide medial/lateral control of the knee joint, to enable standing and walking in order to execute daily activities and to participate in society.
To be applied in case the prefabricated version does not fit due to impairments of body functions and/or structures.
Intended Use ICF Code
1b7100 - To support, protect or train mobility of a single joint
1b7150 - To support, protect or train stability of a single joint
1iu1.1 - To prevent deformities in alignment
1iu2.1 - To limit range of joint motion
2d4154 - To support or train maintaining a standing position
2d450 - To support or train walking