Brace with a plastic circular jacket fixed on the pelvis and lateral bars supporting the thorax area from the frontal side. The brace limits the range of motion in most directions: anterior, posterior, lateral. The function is supporting and immobilisation of the spinal column with erection. The brace may introduce flexion in the LS region.
Different variants exist:
* as circular jacket with frontal locking
* with an apron front (Arnold, Magnuson, Steindler)
* with two fronts and lateral locking.
With or without additional lining materials for fitting and comfort.
Prefabricated moulded to a model of the patient.
Prefabricated (ready to use or adjustable)
Activities and Responsibilities Supplier
- Intake of patient/client's problems in functioning
- Prosthetic/orthotic assessment of functioning
- Selection of device from nomenclature
- Conception/design of the entire device
- Measurement and casting/scanning
- Modification and tracing of cast/scan
- Select device from catalogue (prefab)
- Bench assembly and alignment
- Fitting, static and dynamic alignment
- Adjustments and functional additions
- Check-out, delivery, userinstruction (warranty,
- Service and maintenance scheme
- Evaluation of patient's/client's device
- Prosthetic or orthotic assessment of patient/client
- Adjustments, functional updates
- Unexpected repair and adjustments/modification
- Storing raw material, components and prefab devices on
- Product responsibility (custom made/prefab)
- Basic business obligations (a.o. administration)
- Respecting privacy and patient's dignity and human rights
- Maintaining a patient/client dossier
- Other duties