LHKAFO, walking orthosis, bilateral, reciprocating hip joint with cable control, prefabricated
Dynamic orthotic device to assist in standing and moving forward by rotation at one hip after stabilisation of the knee and ankle joints, always bilateral. Rotation in one hip forces reciprocal rotation in the other hip.
Includes a metal pelvis band, special hip joints, vertical lateral uprights.
Normal use at children in growth but also at adults.
Built from ready-made kits..
Prefabricated (ready to use or adjustable)
Activities and Responsibilities Supplier
- Intake of patient/client's problems in functioning
- Prosthetic/orthotic assessment of functioning
- Selection of device from nomenclature
- Conception/design of the entire device
- Measurement and casting/scanning
- Modification and tracing of cast/scan
- Select device from catalogue (prefab)
- Bench assembly and alignment
- Fitting, static and dynamic alignment
- Adjustments and functional additions
- Check-out, delivery, userinstruction (warranty,
- Service and maintenance scheme
- Evaluation of patient's/client's device
- Prosthetic or orthotic assessment of patient/client
- Adjustments, functional updates
- Unexpected repair and adjustments/modification
- Storing raw material, components and prefab devices on
- Product responsibility (custom made/prefab)
- Basic business obligations (a.o. administration)
- Respecting privacy and patient's dignity and human rights
- Maintaining a patient/client dossier
- Other duties
Classification ISO 9999
061218120600 - Orthosis, lower limb, hip-knee-ankle-foot, to limit range of joint(s) motion, normal load
061218240600 - Orthosis, lower limb, hip-knee-ankle-foot, to compensate for weak muscle activity, normal load
Permanently and temporarely
Indications are for example:
* instable or paralysed legs
which occur with:
* spinal cord or brain damage
* diagnose like MMC, MC and CP
User Characteristics ICF Code
Contra Indication Text
Bad thoracic stability.
Intended Use Text
Stabilisation of joints in order to stand and to walk some steps. The standing has mainly a therapeutic function.
Intended Use ICF Code
1iu4.1 - To compensate for weak muscle activity
1iu5 - To reduce or redistribute load on tissue
2d4154 - To support or train maintaining a standing position
2d4500 - To support or train walking short distances
2d5702 - Maintaining one's health