FpP-prosthesis, prosthesis for amputation in heel area, including soft inner socket and removable wig (with A-P adjustment), exoskeletal
Prosthesis for partial foot amputation with a soft inner socket without prefabricated foot. Essential fitting through full contact and closed socket form at the tibia area with removable wig. Restricted dorsal and plantar motion at the upper ankle joint through pseudo-arthrotic motion of the tibia in the socket. Pro- and suppination control at the lower ankle joint through lateral control. Full contact between socket and stump.
Inner shank with distal opening, made from elastic or foam material (e.g. PE, EVA, leather-gummy). Outer shank is a rigid construction and circularly closed, made from fibre material. Form adaptation through elastic (foam) material (e.g. PE, EVA, Cork, Felt, industrial component). Includes industrial biomechanical functional component for reinforcement of plantar motion through fibre material.
Connection between inner and outside shaft through closed form and friction.
Included are 2 test sockets and casting and cast preparation.
The integral prosthesis is custom made.
Activities and Responsibilities Supplier
- Category Name
- Intake of patient/client's problems in functioning
- Prosthetic/orthotic assessment of functioning
- Selection of device from nomenclature
- Conception/design of the entire device
- Measurement and casting/scanning
- Modification and tracing of cast/scan
- Select device from catalogue (prefab)
- Bench assembly and alignment
- Fitting, static and dynamic alignment
- Adjustments and functional additions
- Check-out, delivery, userinstruction (warranty,
- Service and maintenance scheme
- Evaluation of patient's/client's device
- Prosthetic or orthotic assessment of patient/client
- Adjustments, functional updates
- Unexpected repair and adjustments/modification
- Storing raw material, components and prefab devices on
- Product responsibility (custom made/prefab)
- Basic business obligations (a.o. administration)
- Respecting privacy and patient's dignity and human rights
- Maintaining a patient/client dossier
- Other duties
Classification ISO 9999
062403060000 - Prosthesis, lower limb, partial foot, metatarso-phalangeal disartculation prosthesis
Indications are for example:
* amputation at the heel part of the foot, specifically long heel stump (Chopart amputation) with dorsal and plantar motion in the upper ankle joint in connection with a strong control of the false suppination.
User Characteristics ICF Code
Contra Indication Text
Amputation without motion in the ankle joint.
Amputation which can be served with prosthesis forbone free fitting
Intended Use Text
Supposed to be used as functional (to sit, to stand and to walk) and cosmetic replacement after a Chopart amputation.
Fits on a normal shoe.
Protect the stump against trauma, pressure scores and false positions.
Control of ankle joint motion.
For activities with permanent high load on the fore foot.
Level IFML-0, IFML-1, IFML-2, IFML-3, IFML-4.
Intended Use ICF Code
1b1801 - To support or train experience of self
2d4154 - To support or train maintaining a standing position
2d450 - To support or train walking
2d81* - To support participation in education
2d84* - To support participation in work and employment
2d9 - To support participation in community, social and civic life