FpP-prosthesis, prosthesis for amputation in heel area, including socket above ankle joint, with step-in flap
Prosthesis for partial foot amputation in the heel area covering the ankle joint with an extra flap for entering the stump in the socket. Essential fitting through fixed socket at the tibia area. Reinforced dorsal and plantar motion at the upper ankle joint. Pro- and suppination control at the lower ankle joint through lateral control. Full contact rigid or semi-rigid socket.
Inner shaft made from elastic material (e.g. PE, EVA, leather-gummy). Outside shaft rigid construction from fibre material, coated with elastic or foam material (e.g. PE, EVA, Cork, Felt, eventually also additional industrial functional components). Also additional biomechanical functional components, for e.g. reinforced plantar motion (made from e.g. fibre material) and a dorsal flap for stepping in.
Lock of the flap with Velcro.
Included are 2 test sockets and casting and cast preparation.
The integral prosthesis is custom made.
Activities and Responsibilities Supplier
- Category Name
- Intake of patient/client's problems in functioning
- Prosthetic/orthotic assessment of functioning
- Selection of device from nomenclature
- Conception/design of the entire device
- Measurement and casting/scanning
- Modification and tracing of cast/scan
- Select device from catalogue (prefab)
- Bench assembly and alignment
- Fitting, static and dynamic alignment
- Adjustments and functional additions
- Check-out, delivery, userinstruction (warranty,
- Service and maintenance scheme
- Evaluation of patient's/client's device
- Prosthetic or orthotic assessment of patient/client
- Adjustments, functional updates
- Unexpected repair and adjustments/modification
- Storing raw material, components and prefab devices on
- Product responsibility (custom made/prefab)
- Basic business obligations (a.o. administration)
- Respecting privacy and patient's dignity and human rights
- Maintaining a patient/client dossier
- Other duties
Classification ISO 9999
062403060000 - Prosthesis, lower limb, partial foot, metatarso-phalangeal disartculation prosthesis
Indications are for example:
* amputation of the heel part of the foot, e.g.
* short heel stump excluding ankle joint (Syme or Pirogoff amputation)
* long heel stump including ankle joint in case of bad anatomical-functional conditions (Chopart amputation)
* also sometimes amputation of the central part of the foot in case of bad anatomical-functional conditions
* short tarsal amputation (Bona-Jager amputation)
* long tarsal amputation (Lisfranc amputation)
* amputations with a small loss of length of the leg, where a prefabricated foot-part is not possible
User Characteristics ICF Code
Contra Indication Text
Intended Use Text
Supposed to be used as functional (to sit, to stand and to walk) and cosmetic replacement of the amputated part of the foot.
Fits on a normal shoe.
Protect the stump against trauma, pressure scores and poor posture.
Motion control of the ankle joint.
Standing high load on stump through tibia fitting.
Severe pistoning of the stump in the socket.
Level IFML-0, IFML-1, IFML-2, IFML-3, IFML-4.
Intended Use ICF Code
1b1801 - To support or train experience of self
2d4154 - To support or train maintaining a standing position
2d450 - To support or train walking
2d81* - To support participation in education
2d84* - To support participation in work and employment
2d9 - To support participation in community, social and civic life