FpP-prosthesis, prosthesis for amputation in heel area, including soft inner socket covering ankle area, without prefabricated foot
Prosthesis for partial foot amputation with a stump socket covering the ankle joint. Essential fitting through fixed socket at the tibia area. Reinforced dorsal and plantar motion at the upper ankle joint. Pro- and suppination control at the lower ankle joint through lateral control. Full contact rigid or semi-rigid socket.
Inner shank made from elastic material (e.g. PE, EVA, leather-gummy). Outer shank rigid construction from fibre material, coated with elastic or foam material (e.g. PE, EVA, Cork, Felt, eventually also additional industrial functional components).
Included are 2 test sockets and casting and cast preparation.
The prosthesis consists of:
* ankle/foot device: no prefabricated device
* interface component: soft inner socket including the ankle joint.
Connection between inner and outside shaft through closed form and friction.
The integral prosthesis is custom made.
Activities and Responsibilities Supplier
- Category Name
- Intake of patient/client's problems in functioning
- Prosthetic/orthotic assessment of functioning
- Selection of device from nomenclature
- Conception/design of the entire device
- Measurement and casting/scanning
- Modification and tracing of cast/scan
- Select device from catalogue (prefab)
- Bench assembly and alignment
- Fitting, static and dynamic alignment
- Adjustments and functional additions
- Check-out, delivery, userinstruction (warranty,
- Service and maintenance scheme
- Evaluation of patient's/client's device
- Prosthetic or orthotic assessment of patient/client
- Adjustments, functional updates
- Unexpected repair and adjustments/modification
- Storing raw material, components and prefab devices on
- Product responsibility (custom made/prefab)
- Basic business obligations (a.o. administration)
- Respecting privacy and patient's dignity and human rights
- Maintaining a patient/client dossier
- Other duties
Classification ISO 9999
062403030000 - Prosthesis, lower limb, partial foot, phalangeal amputation prostheses
Indications are for example:
* amputation of the heel part of the foot, e.g.
* short heel stump excluding ankle joint (Syme or Pirogow amputation)
* long heel stump including ankle joint in case of bad anatomical-functional conditions or heavy load (Chopart amputation)
* amputation with a small lost of length of the leg in case a prefabricated component (foot/ankle) is not possible
User Characteristics ICF Code
Contra Indication Text
Severe motion in the socket area
Intended Use Text
Supposed to be used as functional (to sit, to stand and to walk) and cosmetic replacement of the amputated part of the foot or leg.
Fits basically on a normal shoe.
Protect the stump against trauma, cold, pressure scores and false posture.
Motion control of the ankle joint.
Permanent high load on stump.
Level IFML-0, IFML-1, IFML-2, IFML-3, IFML-4.
Intended Use ICF Code
1b1801 - To support or train experience of self
2d4154 - To support or train maintaining a standing position
2d450 - To support or train walking
2d81* - To support participation in education
2d84* - To support participation in work and employment
2d9 - To support participation in community, social and civic life