FpP-prosthesis, prosthesis for amputation in toes area, replacing toes with toe filler, silicon or comparable material
Prosthesis for partial foot amputation in the toes area, that is custom fabricated from a model of the patient. Proper fitting and adjustment of the socket to the amputation through precise fitting and physical adhesion of the material of the socket. Made from silicon or comparable material. This procedure includes casting and cast preparation. The final prosthesis is made after a first functional test which is included.
The integral prosthesis is custom made.
Activities and Responsibilities Supplier
- Category Name
- Intake of patient/client's problems in functioning
- Prosthetic/orthotic assessment of functioning
- Selection of device from nomenclature
- Conception/design of the entire device
- Measurement and casting/scanning
- Modification and tracing of cast/scan
- Select device from catalogue (prefab)
- Bench assembly and alignment
- Fitting, static and dynamic alignment
- Adjustments and functional additions
- Check-out, delivery, userinstruction (warranty,
- Service and maintenance scheme
- Evaluation of patient's/client's device
- Prosthetic or orthotic assessment of patient/client
- Adjustments, functional updates
- Unexpected repair and adjustments/modification
- Storing raw material, components and prefab devices on
- Product responsibility (custom made/prefab)
- Basic business obligations (a.o. administration)
- Respecting privacy and patient's dignity and human rights
- Maintaining a patient/client dossier
- Other duties
Classification ISO 9999
062403150000 - Prosthesis, lower limb, partial foot, tarsal amputation prostheses
Indications are for example:
* amputation in the toes area
* partial loss of forefoot
* distal amputation of the central part of the foot
* risk for pressure and friction areas
* need for high cosmetic prosthetic fitting
User Characteristics ICF Code
Contra Indication Text
Extra ordinary sweat production.
Allergy or sensitivity for particular materials.
Intended Use Text
Supposed to be used as functional (to sit, to stand and to walk) and cosmetic replacement of the amputated part of the foot in order to fit basically with a normal shoe and enabling normal walking activities and participation in society.
Protect the stump against trauma.
Protect against overloading leading to pressure scores and fractures; keeping the right posture of existing joints.
In case of high cosmetic requirements.
Intended Use ICF Code
1b1801 - To support or train experience of self
2d4154 - To support or train maintaining a standing position
2d450 - To support or train walking
2d81* - To support participation in education
2d84* - To support participation in work and employment
2d9 - To support participation in community, social and civic life